What to expect when visiting Highland Square
We appreciate your patience as we work towards a new normal and stores begin to reopen. We will continue to update the list of open stores on Facebook (@highlandsquare) as we hear of them.
Although the mall’s regular hours of operation remain the same at this time (9:30am – 9:00pm), some stores and businesses may wish to operate under different hours. Please check directly with the store you plan to visit to confirm most up to date hours of operation.
While visiting, we ask you to please follow all signage, based on provincial guidelines, relating to physical distancing and good hygiene. Please do not enter the premises if you are experiencing respiratory illness symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose). What else can you expect when visiting Highland Square? See below the additional measures we have put place to help keep our community safe.
Please feel safe visiting us
Cleaning and touch points
- From the beginning of this pandemic, we’ve increased frequency of cleaning at all sites, with increased attention to high touch points such as elevator buttons, escalator handrails, entrance and exit door handles, washroom door handles and fixtures, etc.
- Reduced touch points: doors may be propped open where practical and permitted by code.
- Signage will be in place to remind you to practice physical distancing and proper hygiene, follow directional signage and flow of traffic, designated entrances/exits, etc. Signs will be strategically placed to allow physical distancing and are an integral part of creating a safe environment for you, our customers, as well as our tenants and our employees.
Highland Square employees
- Highland Square employees will wear non-medical grade face masks while at work, to help protect each other, as well as our clients and customers and will be required to stay home if they exhibit new or worsening of symptoms that are not associated with allergies or chronic or pre-existing conditions.
- All employees will receive COVID-19 OH&S training, and key site personnel will receive COVID-19 advance cleaning training.
Common areas and narrow corridors
- Reduced and/or rearranged seating, and other furniture to allow for physical distancing.
- In areas such as hallways, where 6’ of distance cannot be achieved, and where we cannot implement one-way flow of traffic, signage will be installed to ensure our customers and visitors are aware of this limitation, and, where possible, we will have personnel on-site to manage traffic flow.
- Hand sanitizing units will be located in common areas.
- Every second urinal and sink will be marked with signage advising against use, to preserve physical distancing.
- "Last serviced" signage will communicate Crombie's commitment to providing a safe facility.
- Government-issued signage will remind everyone of handwashing hygiene.
- Floor decals and queue lines to promote physical distancing.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned at restroom access points.
Hours of Operation:
- Highland Square will remain open during regular operating hours, unless provincial or federal government requires differently. Some stores and businesses may wish to operate under different hours, so we suggest you check directly with the store you plan to visit.
- We will designate the first hour of each day to shopping for those who are most vulnerable, including, but not limited to, senior citizens and anyone with a disability.
Limited services and amenities, including:
- amusement rides
- confectionery machines
- Highland Hangout
VIEW ALL NEWS